Llanddona Circular Walk, Anglesey
The southern coast of Anglesey is made up of limestone escarpments, rolling hills, beaches and coves and stunning views over to Snowdonia and the Llŷn Peninsula. This walk in part follows Anglesey's coastal path along the quieter, eastern side of Red Wharf Bay, near Llanddona and takes in all of the above.
Distance: Approx. 2.5 miles
Time: Approx. 1.5 Hours
Postcode for Sat Nav: LL58 8UW (approx.)
Grid Ref: SH 5671 8061
Ordnance Survey Map: OS Explorer OL 263 Anglesey East
Llanddona Beach Car Park. To reach the car park from Llanddona, take the road by the side the Owain Glyndwr which leads down to the beach. The road down is not for the faint hearted as it's narrow and steep but there are passing places. Take it slowly, it's worth it as you will be rewarded with spectacular views and a lovely walk. Halfway down the road divides in two, take the left hand fork, it's a slightly easier descent and leads down to the large car park just back off the beach.
1. From the beach car park cross the road towards the sea, turn right and walk along the beach.
2. At the end of the beach there is a wooden footbridge over a stream, follow the Coastal Path sign over the bridge along the edge of the beach and up the steps to a kissing gate.
3. Walk along the left hedge through two fields to the next kissing gate following the grassy path, uphill, towards two houses and another kissing gate. Continue bearing right up hill and through the kissing gate by a telegraph pole.
4. Following the Coastal Path sign, turn right up the track heading inland.
5. At the corner where the track bears right, turn left following the Coastal Path sign through a kissing gate and follow the path through fields uphill into the National Trust area, Bryn Offa.
6. Follow the path through a hazel wood and after the kissing gate turn right up a long flight of steps. At the top of the steps, follow the track to the right.
7. Follow the path uphill through gorse and over a stile.
8. Continue keeping the fence on the left hand side over two ladder stiles to a farm track.
9. When you reach the farm track, follow the footpath to the right up through the gorse, heading towards the Wireless Mast and skirting the right of Bwrdd Arthur / Arthur's Table to a metal stile.
10. Make a short diversion to the left up to the top of Bwrdd Arthur / Arthur's Table returning by the same route. On your return, turn right onto road and take the first road right (Lôn Goch).
11. By a white stone marked Castell leave the road and head straight ahead along the track. When the track turns sharp left continue straight ahead down the footpath between the hedges and go down steps at the end.
12. At the t-junction by Tros yr Afon, turn right and follow the track to the road. At the road, turn left walking down to the lower Llanddona village.
13. At the church turn right and follow there road back to Llanddona Beach Car Park
Please note. These directions are for guidance only, we can accept no responsibility for any loss, damage or injury resulting from the use of this information. Always take a map with you and be prepared for the weather to turn. Do not venture out in bad weather and always take care with coastal tides.