Key Terms & Conditions
This is confirmed upon receipt of the booking form, the signed T&C, your non-refundable deposit of £75, and on receipt of written confirmation from us. If booking online, the T&C are agreed at this point.
- Cancellations over 4 weeks (28 days) before the start of hire – loss of the booking deposit
- Cancellations over 3 weeks (21 days) but less than 4 weeks (28 days) before the start of hire – loss of 50% of the total cost or the booking deposit, whichever is greater
- Cancellations less than 3 weeks (21 days) before the start of hire – loss of 100% of the total cost
Cancellation of hire due to COVID-19 Pandemic
In the event you are unable to travel due to Government imposed restrictions, you may:
- Take a credit note for the monies paid. The credit note is valid for 18 months from the original date of hire, and is non-refundable, non-transferable or exchangeable
- Cancel your hire in accordance with the T&C of the standard cancellation policy
You are advised to take out your own personal travel insurance to cover, last minute cancellations etc. Trailfinders for example, offers COVID-19 cover which includes trips being cancelled, shortened due to illness or lengthened due to having to self-isolate after falling ill while on holiday.
A £500 (or another sum agreed) security deposit must be paid to cover accidents or damage, it is refundable on the safe return of the campervan.
Drivers must be over 25 years of age and under 70, in good health and hold a full driving licence. The driver(s) will need to have held a UK driving licence or a EU, USA, Canada, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand driving licence, for at least 3 years.
We may not be able to authorise the insurance for your driver(s) if any of the following apply:
- The driver(s) has any driving offences / convictions and/ or has their licence endorsed or suspended or more than 6 penalty points. Single convictions totalling 6 points will require referral to the insurer.
- The driver(s), whilst driving has been involved in more than one accident during the past 5 years
- The driver(s) has had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claimed experience and/or has had their insurance cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer
Please note: if any of the above apply we will refer to our insuraer who may still be happy to cover the insurance but the security deposit could be higher.
We cannot hire to
- Persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports
- Jockeys and persons connected with racing of any sort
- Foreign Service Personnel other than persons holding a full valid UK or EU licence for 3 or more years
All campervans have comprehensive insurance for the named driver(s), the insurance is only for our campervan. The driver(s) must provide true and complete information for our insurers as requested on the Hire Drive Proposal at least 10 days beforehand. In addition to the completed Hire Drive Proposal, each driver will need to provide a copy of the following:
- a copy of their valid driving licence photo card (front and back)
- 2 separate forms of proof of address to confirm the address on the driving licence, one must be a utility bill but the second could be a bank statement, council tax, HMRC document, etc… (these can’t be for a mobile phone), dated within 90 days of the hire start date
- For UK drivers
onlywe also need to run DVLA check on your licence within 21 days of the hire date. This can be obtained from the DVLA website
- For non-UK drivers where your drivers licence does not show your current address we will require a copy of your passport / personal identity card with your address on that matches your proof of addresses
Finally, our insurer requires a clear and traceable electronic payment paid directly to us by the main driver.
You must inform us on the booking form or subsequently in writing 10 days before the start of the rental period the names and ages of all the people who will occupy the campervan during your stay.
Where you can go
Our campervans are over 40 years with a top speed of 55 miles per hour and are therefore not suitable for long journeys especially on motorways or duel cariagways. Milage is unlimited but the campervans are restricted to traveling in the areas of Anglesey, Gwynedd, and Conwy (the Llŷn Peninsula and Snowdonia National Park).
If you wish go further afield you will need to discuss your plans with us beforehand. Please note that all our vehicles are fitted with a vehicle tracking system for security reasons.
In the event of a breakdown, recovery or repair services will be provided. If the campervan cannot be fixed quickly a replacement campervan will be offered subject to availability. Our liability extends to either replacing your campervan with a similar one or refunding your hire charge for any days you lose the total use of the vehicle.
On collection we will agree the fuel level with you. You need to return the campervan refilled to the same level at the end of the hire. An administration charge of £5 plus the cost of the missing fuel will be deducted from your security deposit.
During the period of hire you may park your car at our premises but do so at your own risk.
This is a summary of the key points of our terms and conditions of the Rental Agreement, the full Terms & Conditions can be viewed here and must be agreed to on confirmation of your booking.
Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information on Snowdonia Classic Campers website, some details are liable to change.
The Explore and News sections of the website has useful information on places to stay and visit, and is for guidance only, we can accept no responsibility for any loss, damage or injury resulting from the use of this information. This was accurate at the time of writing and we recommend you contact each provider to check their opening times, prices and conditions.
There are numerous links to external websites on this site, Snowdonia Classic Campers is not responsible for the content of these third party websites in any way.
Snowdonia Classic Campers and Hostinger (who host the website) make every effort to virus check the files available for downloading on this site. We do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage caused by the use of downloadable material from this site. We recommend that users re-check all downloaded material with their own anti-virus software.