Availability & Booking your Campervan
Perfect for short breaks, last minute getaways or your summer holidays our prices include everything you need to have a great time in one of our campervans.
To book select your preferred start date and when you would like to return to check availability and price.
If you are happy to proceed you will be asked to enter your details and select any optional extras. We ask for a non-refundable deposit of £75 to secure your next adventure!
Our hires are usually a minimum of 3 nights apart from weekends when we offer a 2 or 3 night hire. Collection is Monday to Saturday and times vary but usually start at 3pm with the last collection at 5pm. Returning your camper is between 9am and 10:30am with the exception of 2 night bookings where collection is on a Friday then return is between 3pm and 6pm on Sunday.
We aim to be flexible, collections and returns outside of these times are possible, please contact us and we'll see what we can do to help.
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at Snowdonia Classic Campers with our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policies for your booking:
- A low deposit of £75 to secure your booking
- Balance due 4 weeks (28 days) before your hire
- Complete flexibility to move your booking for up to 18 months in the event of Government imposed Coronavirus travel restrictions
- Due to the flexibility provided we are unable to offer refunds
- This guarantee supersedes any other policies
Your booking is made up of the following:
- A non-refundable booking deposit: £75 due at the time of booking
- Your balance: The cost of the campervan minus the deposit is due 4 weeks (28 days) before the start of your hire date.
- Any additional items: such as extra drivers, awning, bike rack, etc.. due 28 days before the start of your hire date.
- A security deposit: a refundable security / damage deposit of £500 (or another sum as agreed) due before the hire commences to cover insurance excess in the event of an accident and any damage caused to the campervan.
Once you have confirmed your dates with us via online booking, email or phone we will send you your booking details together with a copy of our Terms & Conditions. Your non-refundable booking deposit is due at the time of booking to reserve your dates. A reservation is only binding after it has been confirmed by Snowdonia Classic Campers and the deposit has been recieved. Our terms and conditions including cancellation policy will apply from this point onwards. Once the reservation is confirmed, a confirmation email will be sent out to the customer. Settlement of the remaining balance will be due 2 weeks (14 days) prior to start of your hire.
The security deposit is held during the hire period and is normally refunded within 5 days of the end of the hire period upon the safe return of the campervan subject to an inspection satisfactory to us.
We would ask you to have a read of our Terms & Conditions as by hiring a campervan from us you agree that your reservation will be subject to all of the terms contained therein.
- Cancellations over 4 weeks (28 days) before the start of hire – loss of the booking deposit
- Cancellations over 2 weeks (14 days) but less than 4 weeks (28 days) before the start of hire – loss of 50% of the total cost or the booking deposit, whichever is greater.
- Cancellations less than 2 weeks (14 days) before the start of hire – loss of 100% of the total cost
You are advised to take out your own personal travel insurance to cover, last minute cancellations etc. Trailfinders for example, offers COVID-19 cover which includes trips being cancelled, shortened due to illness or lengthened due to having to self-isolate after falling ill while on holiday.
How it Works
Our campers are covered by UK standard vehicle insurance. You can drive one of our campers if you have held a full UK, EU, USA, Canada, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand driving licence for 3 or more years and are between 25 years and 70 years old.
Additional drivers can be insured at £15 per person.
Please note the following:
If you have any driving offences / convictions we may not be able to authorise your hire as they could result in the vehicle not being insured. Further information is in our T&C or get in touch and we’ll see what we can do.
We cannot hire to persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports, jockeys and persons connected with racing of any sort, or Foreign Service Personnel other than persons born in the United Kingdom.
Our insurer requires a clear and traceable payment paid directly to us by the main driver. If this hire is to be a surprise present please get in touch and we'll see what we can do.
Before your holiday we will need the following from each driver:
- A copy of their driving licence (front and back) showing their current address
- 2 separate forms of proof of address that confirm the address on the driving licence, one must be a utility bill but the second could be a bank statement, council tax bill, etc…, dated within 3 months (90 days) of the hire start date
- A completed Hire Drive Proposal form
- For UK drivers only we also need to run a DVLA check on your licence An online DVLA check result / print out. To share your DVLA check result with us you can generate a check code here on the DVLA website. Please note, a 'check code' is only valid for 21 days.
- For non-UK drivers where your drivers licence does not show your current address we will require a copy of your passport / personal identify card with your address on that matches your proof of addresses
What information you need to bring with you
On collection, each driver will need to bring their driving license. If you haven't already provided us with copies we will also need for each driver 2 current forms of address identification as described above and run a DVLA check on your licence if we haven’t already for which you will need your National Insurance number. We will also need and a credit card for the security deposit.
We won’t be able to hand over the keys to your campervan without this information so please ensure you have this paperwork organised in advance of your trip.
Where to collect
You collect your campervan from our base in Pantglas, Garndolbenmaen in Gwynedd. On arrival, we will complete the paperwork and introduce you to your camper.
Collection times start about 3pm with the last collection at 5pm at the latest. We will contact you a few weeks before collection to arrange a more exact time. If you plan to be in the area earlier in the day let us know, we might just be able to get your camper ready slightly ahead of schedule. If you are running late you must inform us as soon as convenient to ensure that we are available for you to collect your camper we may not be availabe after 5pm.
We have free on-site parking (at owners risk) for your car for the duration of your hire. Your camper needs to be returned to our base at the end of hire. If you are planning to use public transport to reach us, please click here for more details.
Where you can go
Our campers are over 40 years old and go at a more leisurely pace than their modern equivalent. Our prices are based on an adventure in Snowdonia, the Llŷn Pennisular, and Anglesey with support up to a 50 mile radius of our base.
You can go further afield but you will need to discuss your plans with us beforehand as our vintage girls don't like long journeys on motorways, and it could affect the price to cover insurance and breakdown. We are unable to support travel plans that involve taking our campervans across to Ireland or Europe.